Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Caterpillar
- Model: 3126
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 420hp
- Year: 1998
- Make: Caterpillar
- Model: 3126
- Engine Power: 420hp
- Year: 1998
HULL & DECK:
- Dark Blue Awlgripped hull topsides; red boottop, black bottom.
- White superstructure and Flybridge.
- Hull is solid fiberglass; some Airex foam coring above waterline for stiffness and reduced weight.
- Decks are fiberglass with balsa-core material.
- S/S bow rail and numerous S/S handrails on walkways and trunk cabin top; S/S ladder to flybridge.
- Flybridge has custom hardtop with S/S supports; flybridge with full enclosure and two overhead hatches.
- Cockpit sole is fiberglass over plywood with one aluminum Freeman lazarette hatch.
- On bottom at aft end, a pair of wedges were fiberglassed to act like trim tabs (very effective).
- Bronze seacocks.
- Hull is semi-displacement with soft chine for a seaworthy, seakindly ride, and long keel excellent for offshore trips.
- Bronze rudders.
Fuel: 550 gallons in two molded fiberglass tanks.
Water: 200 gallons in one molded fiberglass tank.
Holding: 25 gallons in one poly tank.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- 1998 Twin Cat 3126 diesels, 420 hp, FWC, with approximately 1500 hours total (old meter showes 480 hours).
- Twin Disc MG507A transmission – 1.98:1 reduction gear.
- 2” S/S shafts with Spurs; 5 bladed bronze 25 x 23 Hy Torq props.
- Dripless shaft seals.
- 2001 Kobelt throttle controls.
- 2001 Glendenning synchronizers.
- 2001 Sleipner Sidepower Bow Thruster, 6 hp.
- 4 Racor 1100 fuel/water filters.
- Hydroslave hydraulic steering – dual rams with S/S wheel steering.
- 12V oil changing system.
- 2001 Espar diesel heat – flybridge has heater which works off port engine.
- 2006 vessel had a lightning strike, so both engines had new hour meters installed, new instrumentation and electronics.
- New 2006 Flo-scan meters.
- 2021 March, new impellers, new head hoses, and new shaft guards were installed by Great Bay Marina.
- 2011 Casco Bay Diesel installed new engine water pumps, took aftercooler off and cleaned, all oil cleaners were cleaned.
- Cruising speed: 14-15 knots @ 2400 RPM.
- Maximum speed: 17 knots @ 2800 RPM.
- 12V DC & 110V AC electrical systems with Bass circuit breaker panels.
- 2020 5-8D AGM batteries (2 house; 2 for port engine and thruster and one for starboard engine); one Group 31 for generator.
- All batteries for cross over switches.
- 12kw Northern Lights generator with Soundshield (approximately 951 hours on meter).
- 2 solar panels – 4.5 amp each chargers on flybridge hardtop.
- Solar panels charge all batteries except generator, with regulator under galley sink.
- 2007 Puresine 2.0 inverter/charger (2000w).
- 2007 Xantrex True Charge 40 battery charger.
- Tank Tender gauges for fuel, water and holding tank.
- Four 12V bilge pumps – 3 Rule 2000, 1 Rule 1100.
- New 12 gallon Raritan hot water heater.
- 3 zone air conditioning and heat system.
- For six in a very attractive Herreshoff-style interior with varnished cherry trim and cabinetry.
- Starting forward is the owner’s stateroom with a walk-around queen berth with shelves outboard, 4 drawers under the berth and outboard to port and starboard, and hanging lockers.
- Aft to port is the owner’s head with separate stall shower, 12V electric head, and a sink in white Corian counter top.
- Next aft to starboard is the guest cabin with upper and lower berths, hanging locker and opening portlights.
- Aft is the guest head with new 12V head, sink and handheld shower.
- Up several steps to the main salon.
- Lower helm is to starboard with electrical panels and sliding side door.
- Next aft is the L-shaped dinette with hi-lo varnished cherry table and stereo cabinet above.
- To port is the side galley with a 2012 stand-up Nova refrigerator-freezer, Corian countertops, sink, and electric 4 burner cooktop, microwave Kitchen Aid trash compactor, and U-line icemaker.
- Centerline door to spacious cockpit.
- Up port S/S ladder to spacious flybridge with bench seat to port and starboard, double passenger seat to port and starboard Pompanette swivel helm seat.
- Flybridge is fully enclosed with Isinglass panels – many roll up.
- All electronics new 2007.
- Raymarine E120 Radar/Plotter sounder and Raymarine E80 chartplotter.
- Raymarine ST60 depthsounder.
- 2007 Standard 3000 loud hailer.
- Simrad AP25 autopilot.
- Northstar 952X GPS & Simrad EQ32 GPS with repeater (not interfaced with autopilot).
- Two Ritchie 5” compasses.
- Sylvania TV in galley.
- Sharp AM/FM/CD (5 changer) stereo with speakers in salon and cockpit.
- In July 2006, following the lightning strike, Great Bay Marina replaced 4kw Radar, installed new Raymarine E80 8” and Raymarine E120 12” displays, GPS antenna, new depthsounders, VHF’s and antennas, loud hailer, new Autopilots, battery charger, inverter-charger, isolator, etc.. So now vessel is equipped with redundant navigation equipment (radars and depthsounders). The installation of all the electrical and electronic upgrades was approximately $100,000.
- BBQ grill.
- Three Textaline windscreens over windshield.
- New water pressure pump, with transom mount hardware.
- 10’ West Marine Hypalon RIB (approximately 2011) with 2 hp Honda 4 stroke air-cooled outboard.
- S/S bow fender holders; radar reflector (about 15 years old).
- ACR EPIRB.
- USCG gear – 3 fire extinguishers, fenders, docklines, life jackets, life ring, flares.
- Dual Kalenberg air horns.
- Three windshield wipers.
- Simpson Lawrence 12V windlass.
- Weaver davits on swim platform.
- 45 lb CQR Plow anchor mounted on bowsprit with roller with chain rode.
- 3 deck hatches and 6 opening port lights.
- Blue and white curtains.
- Screens for both companionway doors.
- Removable Pompanette lower helm chairs.
COMMENTS: It is rare indeed to see a 42’ Duffy Flybridge Cruiser come on the market. MARGAUX has had only 2 owners. Her present owner purchased her in 2001. He took her back to the builder, Atlantic Boat, to have a custom hardtop fabricated with a full enclosure, and cabin Espar as well as flybridge heat running off port engine. He then used her lightly around Penobscot Bay, Maine. In 2006, as the boat sat on her mooring, she had a lightning strike. Consequently, all electronics and electrical equipment were replaced and now she has back-up electronics (redundancy). New foam upholstery had been installed, and new solar panels. She is powered with Twin 420 hp Cats with under 2000 hours. She has a bow thruster, electric windlass, 3 zone air conditioning, Espar heater, 12kw Northern Lights generator, new 2020 AGM batteries, two cabins and two heads, and a spacious main salon with galley up. Please come and inspect this handsome vessel. Thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Mechanical Disclaimer: Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meter. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as ALL other representations noted on the listing.
DISCLAIMER TO BOARD VESSEL: In the event the Buyer boards the vessel either on land or in the water without a broker or owner, the Buyer(s) agrees and understands he boards at his sole risk and liability.